We know you care about how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Souq.com E-Commerce LLC and its affiliates (collectively, “Amazon”) collect and process your personal information through Amazon websites, devices, products, services, online stores, and applications that refer to this Privacy Notice ( (collectively, “Amazon Services”) and by using Amazon Services, you consent to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What personal information does Amazon collect about customers?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services. The following are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide to us related to Amazon Services. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but in this case you may not be able to take advantage of many Amazon Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Amazon Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through Amazon Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Amazon services and other content served by or on behalf of Amazon on other sites. Click here to see examples of the information we collect.
- Information from Other Sources: We may receive information about you from other sources, such as delivery information and updated addresses from our couriers, which we use to correct our records and more easily deliver your next order. Click here to view additional examples of the information we receive.
For what purposes does Amazon use your personal information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services we offer to our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to receive and process orders, provide and deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products, services, and promotions.
- Provide, improve, and troubleshoot Amazon Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of Amazon Services.
- Recommendations and assignments. We use your personal information to make recommendations about features, products, and services that may be of interest to you, to determine your preferences, and to personalize your experience with Amazon Services.
- Compliance with legal obligations. In some cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For example, we collect information from sellers about place of incorporation and bank account information for verification of identity and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you regarding the Amazon Services through various channels (for example, by phone, email, and online chat).
- Advertisement. We use your personal information to display interest-based advertisements for features, products, and services that may be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to serve interest-based ads. To learn more, please read our Interest-Based Advertising Notice.
- Prevent fraud and credit risk. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Amazon, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risk.
What about cookies and other identifiers?
Does Amazon share your personal information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, we do not sell our customers’ personal information to any third parties. Amazon shares personal customer information only as described below with Amazon.com, Inc., and Amazon.com Inc. affiliates. who are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices that are no less protective than the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions Involving Third Parties: We make services, products, applications, and skills provided by third parties available to you for use on or through the Amazon Services. For example, you may order products from third parties through our stores, and download applications from third party application providers through the Amazon App Store. We may also provide services or sell product lines jointly with third parties. You can learn when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third Party Service Providers: We appoint other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include shipping orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending mail and e-mail, removing duplicate information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), payment processing, content transfer, scoring, and ratings. Credit risk management and customer service. Third party service providers have a license
They have access to personal information that they need to perform their jobs, but that they cannot use for other purposes.
Other than the above, you will receive notice when your personal information may be shared with third parties, and you will have the opportunity to choose not to have that information shared.
How secure is my information?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when dealing with credit card data
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards regarding the collection, storage and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices provide security features to protect them from unauthorized access and data loss. You can control these properties and adjust them according to your needs. Click here for more information on how to manage your device’s security settings.
- It is important for you to protect your password and your computer, devices and applications from unauthorized access. We recommend that you use a unique password for your Amazon account that isn’t used for other online accounts. Be sure to log out when you are finished using any shared computer. For more information on logging out.
What about ads?
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: The Amazon Services may include third-party advertisements and links to other websites and apps. These third-party ad providers may collect information about you when you interact with their content, ads, and services. For more information about third-party advertising on Amazon, including interest-based advertising, please read the Interest-Based Advertising Notice. To set your advertising preferences, please go to the Advertising Preferences page.
- Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide advertising companies with information that allows them to serve you more useful and relevant Amazon ads and to measure their effectiveness. We do not share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier such as a cookie or other device identifier. For example, if you have already downloaded one of our apps, we will share your advertising identifier and data about that event so that an ad is not shown to download the app again. Some advertising companies also use this information to show relevant ads from other advertisers. You can learn more about how to opt out of interest-based advertising by going to your Ad Preferences page.
What information can I access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, home settings, and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the Website. Click here for a list of examples where you can access it.
What options do I have?
If you have any questions about how we collect and use your personal information, please contact Customer Service. Many Amazon services also include settings that give you choices about how your information is used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but in that case you may not be able to take advantage of many Amazon services.
You can add or update specific information on pages such as those referenced in the answer to the What information do I have access to? When information is updated, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you do not wish to receive emails or other communications from us, please adjust your customer messaging preferences. If you do not wish to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or device.
- If you don’t want to see interest-based ads, please adjust your ad preferences.
affiliated to complete a purchase, or use any Amazon Services that require you to sign in. For more information about cookies and other identifiers, please read our Cookie Notice.
In addition, you may have the right to request access to or deletion of your personal information to the extent required by applicable law. If you would like to do any of these things, please click here or contact customer service. Depending on the data options you select, some services may be limited or unavailable.
Are children allowed to use Amazon services?
Amazon does not sell products to children. But we sell children’s products for adults to buy. If you are under the age of 18, you may use the Amazon Services with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Relevant practices and information
Examples of information collected
Information you provide to us when you use Amazon Services
You may provide information to us when you:
shopping for or searching for products or services in our stores;
add or remove an item from your shopping cart or complete an order through or use the Amazon Services;
upload, stream, display or use Content on a Device or through a Service or Application on a Device;
provide information in your account (and you may have more than one account if you use more than one email address or phone number when shopping with us) or in your profile;
upload your contacts;
Turn your settings on, provide permissions to access data or interact with an Amazon Service or Device;
provide information in your seller account or developer account any other account we provide that allows you to develop or provide software, goods or services to Amazon customers;
offer your products or services on or through the Amazon Services;
communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
participate in a survey, support ticket, or contest entry form;
upload or stream photos, videos, or other files to Prime Photos, Amazon Drive, or other Amazon Services;
use our Services such as Prime Video;
compile playlists, watchlists, wishlists, or other gift lists;
participate in discussion boards or other community benefits;
writing and rating reviews;
set a reminder for a special occasion; or
Employ alerts to inform product availability, such as order availability notifications.
As a result of these actions, you may provide us with information such as:
identification information such as your name, address, and telephone numbers;
information about your location;
your IP address;
the persons, addresses and telephone numbers included in your addresses or otherwise provided by you to us;
the email addresses of your friends and other people;
the content of reviews and emails to us;
personal description and photo in your profile;
photos and videos collected or stored in connection with the Amazon Services;
Identity information and documents, including ID, passport and driver’s license numbers;
business information and financial information;
information about credit history; And the
Device history files and configurations, including your Wi-Fi credentials, if you choose to automatically sync them with other Amazon devices.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
The Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
login, email address and password;
the location of your device or computer;
content interaction information, such as download content, broadcast and playback details including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
Device metrics such as when the device is in usethe use of the Application and communication data and any errors or failures;
Amazon Services metrics (for example, the occurrence of technical errors, your interactions with Service features and content, settings preferences, backup information, the location of your device running the app, and information about uploaded photos and files such as the file name and dates, times, and locations of your photos);
version and time zone settings;
Purchase history and content usage, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Best Sellers.
The entire URL clickstream to, from, and through our websites, including the date, time, products, and content you viewed or searched for.
page response times, loading errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicking, and mouse-over);
phone numbers used to call our customer service number; And the
Photos or videos when you shop in our stores, or stores using Amazon Services.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on our devices, apps, and web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from other sources:
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
updated delivery and address information from our couriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next order or communicate more easily;
account information, purchase or redemption information, and page view information from certain merchants with whom we cooperate through co-branded businesses or for whom we provide technical, shipping, advertising, or other services;
information about your interactions with products and services offered by our affiliates;
search results and links, including paid displays (such as sponsored links); And the
Credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to provide certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information that you can access
Examples of information that you can access through Amazon Services include:
the status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
complete order history;
personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, and address book);
payment settings (including payment card information and promotional discount and gift card balances);
email notification settings (including notification of product availability, delivery, special event reminders, and newsletters);
Recommendations and recently viewed products that are the basis for the recommendations (including those recommended to you and improving your recommendations);
shopping lists and gift lists (including wish lists, baby shower lists, and wedding gift lists);
related content, devices, services and settings, communications and personalized advertising preferences;
content you have recently viewed;
your profile (including product ratings, recommendations, reminders, and profile); And the
If you are a seller, you can access your account and other information, and adjust your communications preferences, by updating your account in Selling Center.